Friday, October 04, 2019

Halloween Logged: More Stranger Than Fiction



The Holzer Files (2019)

I don’t know why I thought that the fact that OG ghost hunter Hans Holzer’s name was being invoked in the title would result in a more watchable series. I remember reading a number of his books back in the day, back when I was a twelve-year-old true deliver. Maybe I hoped it would harken back to classic shows like In Search of or the paranormal segments of Unsolved Mysteries. Whatever the reason, I was wrong, it's the same old crap.



Ghost Hunters - The Cursed Castle

Why do I bother? It’s all junk.



Paranormal Caught on Camera episode 42 Bedtime Hauntings

This is why hoax videos exist. And they're all either hoaxes or false narratives. No one wants to see proof of supernatural activity more than I do, but crap like this just annoys me.



Most Terrifying Places - Shadow Factory

Still stuffed full of nonsense but more watchable than most of these shows.





The Devil and Father Amorth (2017)

Exorcist director William Friedkin documentary take on actual exorcisms. Interesting but not as interesting as you’d expect.




The Dracula Business (1974)

Terrific early BBC documentary on the popularity of the vampire myth.



Celtic Monsters - Witches

Another marvelous foray into Celtic folklore.