Saturday, October 12, 2019

Halloween Logged: Killers





Scream and Scream Again (1970)

Though I've seen this a few times over the years I’d totally wiped the plot details from my mind. When I started watching I was expecting an Amicus-ish horror anthology, not a groovy serial killer thriller. Pretty good, like an extended episode of The Avengers where they forgot to write in Steed and Peel. Be warned Vincent Price, Christoper Lee and Peter Cushing are not the stars here, if that’s what you're coming for.




Terrified (1963)

Like, Snoresville man. (Don’t be fooled by the fairly cool opening scene...don’t be fooled.)





Who Saw Her Die? (1972)

Solid Giallo featuring one of George Lazenby’s best non-Bond roles.




Werewolf in a Girl’s Dormitory (1961)

Not much of a werewolf movie. Not much of a movie movie.




Tower of Evil (1972)

I don’t know why I like this film as much as I do. It's got a lot wrong with it but for some reason, I still love watching it every few years.





The Honor Farm (2017)

Terrible.




The Sitter (1977)

The short that would become the cult classic When a Stranger Calls.




The House That Screamed (1970)

Well above-average gothic-ish S&M tinged period girls school thriller.